Saturday, December 14, 2013

RIP Dave Kulju (1970-2013)

I have just learned of the passing of a great musician. Multi-instrumentalist Dave Kulju is not a household name, but his music has touched me like no other, and I have had the pleasure of introducing his "oeuvre" to listeners through my humble radio show. His music, mostly instrumental, was magnificiently constructed and nuanced.




I discovered his music by browsing the internet and stumbling on his website. I immediately bought Notes in the Margin after hearing a sample, finding the mix of his music and with lyrics by Australian poetess Amanda Joy sublime. Dave would have turned 44 this coming January. He was working on a new project and had posted some samples on his website. It sounded promising, even surpassing some of the music already out there.



I invite listeners and visitors to this website to keep his music alive by visiting his website and purchasing his music. A great musician is gone, but his music will live on.






Dave Kulju discography:



With Electrum:
Frames of Mind (1997) - Out of print
Standard Deviation (2002)



Solo work:
Abstract Expression (2007)
Notes in the Margin (2010)

Dave Kulju website: http://www.davekmusic.com/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment